Thursday 7 September
Ladies’ Day Information
With just two sleeps until the Bresbet Ladies’ Day, we wanted to share some exciting updates and important details for the event. Your upcoming day at the races promises to be a memorable one, and we can’t wait to welcome you.
Please note that we have had one race division which means our timings have changed and we now have 8 Races with changes to the time of the first and last race.
- Gates Open at 11:00 AM: Be sure to arrive early and soak in the fantastic atmosphere as we prepare for an incredible day.
- First Race at 2:05 PM: The thrilling action kicks off with the first race at this time.
- Last Race at 6:10 PM: We’ll conclude the day with the final race.
Warm Weather Ahead:
We are expecting a day of sunshine and high temperatures. This is the perfect opportunity to soak in the natural beauty of the event, but it also means that we must prioritize your well-being.
- We’ve placed water stations at every bar throughout the venue, so please take advantage of them and stay hydrated.
- While our fabulous bars will be serving up delightful concoctions, we encourage you to enjoy them responsibly. Please be mindful of your alcohol intake and consider drinking water in between alcoholic beverages.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen before arriving, and consider bringing a hat and sunglasses for extra protection. We don’t supply sunscreen so it’s always best to come prepared.
- Take a break in the shade whenever you need it, our first-aid team will also be on standby to assist with any heat-related concerns, should they arise.
Look After Each Other:
- Finally, let’s look out for one another. If you see someone who may need assistance or appears to be struggling with the heat, please notify a member of our friendly staff or security team.
Contests and Prizes:
We have some extraordinary contests lined up for you, with prizes that will leave you amazed:
- Best Dressed Lady: Strut your stuff and stand a chance to win a spectacular TWO NIGHT SLEEPING BEAUTY SPA BREAK FOR TWO AT RUDDING PARK, including dinner, bed, Yorkshire breakfast, and access to The Spa during your stay.
- Best Dressed Gentleman: Show your style, and you could win a fantastic TWO NIGHT GOLF ESCAPE FOR TWO AT RUDDING PARK, including dinner, bed, Yorkshire breakfast, rounds of golf on our championship courses, and access to our world-class amenities.
- Best Hat: Dust off your best hats/fascinators, and you might win a bespoke hat worth up to £500 by Jenny Roberts Millinery, our esteemed sponsor and Harrogate based Milliner.
- Shuttle Bus Service: We’re delighted to offer a convenient shuttle bus service between the racecourse and the train station, ensuring a seamless journey to and from the event. This service operates from two hours before the first race before resuming service after the last from the coach park at the far side of the racecourse.
- Food Options: Feast your senses on a variety of delicious food options available throughout the day, with HECK returning with their award-winning sausages and with freshly baked pizzas from Kneed and Feed.
- Live Entertainment: Enjoy the fantastic sounds of Emerald Thieves, who will be playing throughout the day from our main bandstand and half an hour after racing (until 6.45pm), accessible to all ticket holders.
- Children’s Entertainment: Junior racegoers are always welcome at Thirsk, and we will have Bouncy Castles as well as a Giraffe Slide to keep your little ones entertained. They also come free when accompanied by a paying adult.
We welcome independent bookmaker BresBet back again as our headline sponsor for the Bresbet Ladies’ Day!