Thursday 11th June 2020
Behind Closed Doors Racing
With British Racing having commenced behind closed doors on 1st June, entry to all British race meetings until further notice is strictly limited to those required to operate the race meeting.
This therefor means NO members of the public will be able to attend race meetings at Thirsk Racecourse until further notice.
New Racecourse safety protocols have been introduced by the BHA to which all required attendees must adhere to.
These measures include :
- The completion of pre-race health and well-being questionnaires
- Temperature screening on arrival
- The use of face masks to cover the mouth and nose
- One-way routes around the stables and racecourse facilities
- Partitioning of the weighing room
- Social distancing enforcement throughout the site
- A strict limit on attendees
These are explained further by the BHA Chief Medical Adviser Jerry Hill in the video below.
For those attending
All attendees who enter the Racecourse shall be deemed to have accepted and agree to comply with the BHA supplementary code of conduct.
The Thirsk Racecourse Covid-19 Code of Entry can be viewed here
To assist those attending in understanding the new safety protocols the BHA have created a number of videos.
Should you have any further queries please contact our Racecourse team on 01845 522276 before attending.