Monday 17 April
Job Vacancy – Executive & Marketing Assistant
Executive & Marketing Assistant – IRM Ltd based at Thirsk Racecourse
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our Thirsk Racecourse management team in a junior administrative role.
Description of Duties
• The provision of front-of-house administration support, including answering the telephone, dealing with general enquiries and managing the general office environment.
• Organising and processing pre-purchased ticket and hospitality-package orders.
• Assisting the senior executive team in the organisation and management of race meetings, non- racing activities and the general administration of Thirsk Racecourse, including:
- the management of sponsors and corporate clients
- the implementation and management of approved sales and marketing strategies
the proactive management of Thirsk Racecourse’s social media
- assisting with sales initiatives, including site ‘show-arounds’ for potential clients and
communicating with clients as directed
- providing direct administrative support to the Chief Executive and the General Commercial
The successful candidate will most likely:
• Have administrative experience in an office environment and be familiar with the MS Office
• Have some experience of sales and/or marketing activities.
• Have a good working knowledge of digital and social media.
• Have good communication skills and be very comfortable dealing with the public, both over
the phone and face-to-face.
• Be an organised, presentable, self-starter, who has an eye for detail and the flexibility to
multitask within a small team.
• An interest in horse racing is desirable although not essential.
Hours – The basic office hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday; plus, longer hours on race days; plus, additional hours when race meetings fall over the weekend (e.g., there are x5 Saturdays in 2023); plus, any additional out-of-ours work, as may so be directed from time to time in support of race
meetings or other events.
Remuneration From circa £24,000 per annum depending upon relevant experience; plus, private pension contribution
To Apply Please send your CV with a separate covering letter to:
James Sanderson, IRM Ltd: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by 5.00pm on Fri 28April 2023.
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.